Wednesday, January 29, 2020

One More

Bob was one of the nicest guys I ever met.  I cared about him tremendously.  He lived about 90 miles away, though.  My mom had cancer, and she died while we were dating.  I was devastated, and I just was emotionally dead.  I think if he lived closer and could have been with me during this time, we would have been able to pull through.  I ended up breaking up.

Two years later, I sent him a Christmas card explaining what happened and apologizing for it.  This is what he wrote in the card he sent back.

12/19/91

Dear Judi,

What a surprise to get your card and letter in the mail the other day.  I want to say that I am sorry about the way things went back in '89.  I did not realize the seriousness of the situation until your mother passed away.  I really appreciate you letting me know your feelings.  I hope that the coming year brings you and your family happiness.

...

Well, tell everyone in the family I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Your Friend,
Bob

I will always have a spot for Bob in my heart.  He was a very special guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment