Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Another "Love Letter"

This one is really good.

I am a huge Springsteen fan.  When he came around in 1984, my boyfriend got us tickets.  Well, things weren't going well for us--I just couldn't stand to be around him, anymore.  I couldn't make it to the concert, and I broke up with him about a month before it.

One day, I found this tucked under my windshield.

Dear Judi,

I am willing to talk about the Springsteen concert.  If you also want to talk, meet me at the golf course maintenance building at 11:30 am (lunchtime) sometime this week.  If I don't see you by Friday the 29th, I will assume that you already have tickets and/or you want nothing to do with me!

Sincerely,
Jeff

I wanted to buy the tickets off of him, and he refused.  I had to go with him.  I did, and we barely said a word to each other the whole time.

I had a fantastic time at the concert.  He never told me where the seats were, and I was shocked that they were floor seats, fourth row!  It was my first Springsteen concert and one of the most memorable nights of my life.  I don't know how Jeff felt, though.  I think he was hoping that we would get back together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment