Monday, October 31, 2016

Homemade BBQ Sauce

Homemade BBQ Sauce

I have made things in my crockpot with barbecue flavors from scratch plenty of times.  The other day, I was talking to Kevin about barbecue sauce, and he mentioned how expensive it was at the store.  That got me thinking--can I make it from scratch all by itself?

It took 25 seconds of searching to find a basic barbecue sauce recipe--and it was as easy as could be.  I won’t put it here because, as usual, I altered it by adding stuff to it, which I didn’t measure out, so what I made can’t be duplicated.  It came out scrumptious.  I added fresh basil, oregano and a pepper from the garden.  I also tossed in an onion.  It took no time at all.  While it was simmering, I cooked some fresh vegetables and macaroni.  I put them all together, and had a great lunch.


I would say that there is no excuse to not make it from scratch as long as you have ketchup, vinegar and sugar--and a simple recipe from the internet.  Don’t let the grocery stores fool you--barbecue sauce doesn’t have to come from a bottle.  It can come from your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment