Wednesday, October 12, 2016

EASY HOMEMADE FLOUR TORTILLAS

EASY HOMEMADE FLOUR TORTILLAS     
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
Combine all the flour, salt, vegetable oil, and water until it forms a dough.
Roll the dough into a big ball and take about an 1 to 2 inch pieces off. Pat the dough flat with your hands or take a rolling pin and roll into circles.
Put the dough on a flat pan on the stove and let the sides cook until there are little brown specks on both sides like you would see on other tortillas.
***********************************************************************************************************************
I tried this recipe this morning, and it was so easy!!!!  I actually split it in half, so I wouldn't have too many leftovers. I will never by tortillas from the store, again.  Have you seen how expensive they have gotten?
It took me a little bit to get the hang of the rolling.  I learned to put a lot of flour on them as I rolled so they wouldn’t stick.  It only took a few minutes to cook each one--and they taste really, really good.
I made wraps of homemade cucumber freezer pickles with cheddar cheese.  For dessert, I put my homemade yogurt cheese on it with a generous helping of homemade grape jelly.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment