Monday, October 3, 2016

Back to Retirement

Back to Retirement
Today, I start my first full week of retirement in 6 weeks.  I really, really didn’t like going to work, again.  Even though most of it was for only a couple days a week, it just destroyed the contentment that surrounded me when I was fully retired.  I am so glad to be back to it.

There is so much to do.  I definitely need to catch up on my blogging.  Though I had the time to do it, my heart wasn’t in it when I was working.  It didn’t take long for my yard and gardens to get out of control, again.  Sadly, they are nearing their end for the year.  I sure do miss the gardening in the winter.  Now, it seems like I am mostly pulling out plants that I don’t want to go to seed.  There are others that I will leave in because I don’t mind if they spread--and some of them the birds will come and eat the seeds.  They are fun to watch.  I haven’t seen a hummingbird in a couple of weeks, so I think they are gone.  There are way less dragonflies, too.  They seemed to have left when I was working.

Maggie is back to getting long walks every day.  Since it is cooler, the walks are getting longer.  Today, we went exploring on a trail that I haven’t been to since last year.  I thought we needed to add more variety to our walks.  There was some hills, too.  I need more hills to get in better shape.

Thunder was taking me for granted the first time I was retired.  When I went back to work, he got very needy, again, and he wanted me with him all the time.  He is starting to settle down and take naps when I am around.  It will make it easier to blog, that is for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment