Tuesday, November 1, 2016

One More Week of Growing Season

One More Week of Growing Season


We still haven’t had a frost at my house.  I have never had a garden go into November like this.  Not that there is much in it, anymore.  There still is no frost or freeze on the horizon.

Here is my volunteer pumpkin.  It is nearly ripe.  I have one more harvest of lima beans and I should have a ton of tomatillos when I do my last picking. I am trying to come up with a recipe for tomatillo sauce.  Most people make salsa out of them, but I am trying to come up with a sweet dessert.  The last batch I made was way too sweet, and I had to mix it with plain yogurt to thin it out.  The tomatillos themselves were great.  I just added too much sugar.  I should have enough tomatillos to make a couple of experiments.  I have a few peppers, eggplants and tomatoes that I am just letting grow bigger to right before the frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment