Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What I am Feeling Now

I am just a couple days away from my retirement.

I thought I would be bursting with excitement, and oddly, I'm not.  What I feel like is different.  It is like I am on a big roller coaster--going up the first hill.  I am nearing the very top.  I know that I am going to enjoy the trip on the other side--that's why I am doing it--but when you are at the top of the hill, and you don't know exactly what it is going to be like on the other side--it feels a bit odd.  Am I really doing a smart thing?  It's too late to turn back--there is only one way--forward.  I am committed, but what if it's not like I imagine?

I do know everything will be wonderful, but that feeling is still there.  I think it is just because it is such a big change in my life.

My first day of official retirement--I am sleeping in.  Well, I don't know how late I will be able to sleep.  I have been getting up at the same time everyday--whether to work or ride--for decades.  At least I won't have to get up to an alarm clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment