Thursday, November 5, 2020

Interesting Encounter

When I was walking Maggie, I sat on a rock for a while to wait until the bridge was empty to cross it.  She can be bad.  Some bicycles came by.  I was going to cross the bridge after they passed, but the came right back.  They recognized me.  Here, it turned out to be my old high school boyfriend and someone else I graduated with.  I haven't seen him in at least 10 years, and I didn't recognize him at all until he spoke.  I am good with voices; not faces.


We were never a serious couple, and I only went out with him about 6 months.  He ended up being a regional playwright and teaches at Cleveland State.  I would see him when he had plays being performed.  I am so glad I was reading a more sophisticated book.  (Margaret Atwood, "Alias Grace")  He seemed impressed by my choice--having read some of her works, but he never heard of this one.  What if I was reading Elmore Leonard?  

We chatted for a little bit.  Of course, he knew where I used to live, but he didn't know I still lived here. They have been riding the new bike trails--the one that goes by my house--all summer.  He could have run into me when I was reading Elmore Leonard!

So as a special treat for you, you can check out the website of my former boyfriend from 1982.  Warning" he has a rather quirky humor.  He always did.  The videos are a little weird, but so were his plays. 
Actually, it was his sense of humor that I enjoyed the most when we were dating.

Here is the link: https://www.mikegeither.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment