Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Book Review: "Poor Miss Finch" by Wilkie Collins

I returned to the author of the wonderful books "The Moonstone" and "The Woman in White."  I knew that this book couldn't have been as good as the first 2 because there was a reason Collins was famous for those books--they were awesome.  I had reasonable expectations for this one.

I am glad to say that I was pleased.  What happens when a blind woman has her sight returned?  Well, it doesn't go as well as you would think.  I don't want to give anything away, but lets just say that seeing her fiance for the first time didn't go over very well.

The book was very entertaining--with twists and turns.  It is told in first person by the girl's assistant.  She gives all sorts of commentary to the action--and I think that is half of the fun.

If I see another book of his, I won't hesitate to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment