Thursday, April 27, 2017

Book Review: "The Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins

This is an awesome, awesome book.  I didn't want it to end.  It was one of the books my niece recommended, so I'm not surprised it was good.  She has great taste.

A man takes up a job as an art instructor for a young lady at a house in the country.  On the way there, he meets a mysterious woman in white who is running from something.  She knew the mother of this man's new student, and when he arrives at his destination, he does a little detective work to find out more about her.

He tutors and inevitably falls in love.  Things then get complicated, fast.  The woman in white keeps appearing in the story--driving the plot.

Things happen.  I don't want to give anything away.  The book consists of various characters telling their part of the tale from their point a view.

Though the story moves slowly, it still kept me on the edge of my seat.   This is definitely a must-read book.

No comments:

Post a Comment